part-time afterschool Counselor
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact and truly make a difference in the lives of adolescents with intellectual and developmental disabilities?
Arc Broward is looking for personable, dedicated, energetic, passionate team oriented Counselors to join our team.
The After School positions are year-round part-time positions. The counselors will be expected to move into a summer camp positions (full-time) in June for the summer, then move back to an after school counselor.
Provide assistance to adolescents with developmental disabilities and behavior disorders in an after school program by ensuring that the clients receive active treatment and that behavioral programming meets standard and requirements. Ensure provision or highly structured and supervised environment, personal care and safety needs.
- Ensuring safety and happiness for our consumers.
- Modeling appropriate behavior at all times.
- Provides personal care (assisting consumers with toileting)
- Provide positive social and leisure interaction daily.
- Behavior interventions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have valid Class E Driver’s license with less than 6 chargeable points.
- One year related experience preferred.
- Must operate a company van to transport individuals as requested.
- Must be able to complete 8 days of new hire orientation class.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must pass physical and drug test.
- Obtain the 40-hour childcare training that is mandated by the state of Florida. All counselors must begin this training within 90 days from the date of employment and complete all 40 hours within one year from the date they are hired.
- Reliable, consistent attendance is a requirement and essential function of all positions. Employees are expected to be punctual and dependable in order to meet the needs of their department.
Monday-Friday 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
$11.25 Per Hour