The miss arc broward contestant application process for 2016 is now closed. next year's application will be available during summer 2017.
September 10, 2016 at 1pm - Parent Orientation/Contestant Ice Cream Social at ARC Broward’s Main Campus (Contestant/parents only)
September 25, 2016 at 2pm – Afternoon Tea Party at the Broward Center’s Huizenga Pavilion (open to the public)
November 12, 2016 at 10 am - Practice Day at Parker Playhouse (Contestants only)
November 13, 2016 at 3 pm – Pageant at Parker Playhouse (open to public)
The Miss ARC Broward Pageant is a pageant to empower young women with disabilities ages 6 to 17. Contestants will learn valuable life skills to help them reach their unique dreams. The interview, introduction and evening wear areas of the competition will offer each contestant the opportunity to focus on her abilities and to celebrate them! In the Miss ARC Broward Pageant, everyone is a winner. Each contestant will leave with a special award for their participation and will be treated to an unforgettable weekend!
The weekend kicks off on Saturday, November 12 at 10am with a day of practice, fun, and surprises for the girls. The live pageant takes place on Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 3 pm. Participants must be able to attend both days. Although there is no cost to participate, parents are required to fundraise a minimum of $100 per child. Additionally, parents and all guests are required to purchase their tickets for the event.
The deadline for applications to be submitted is Wednesday, August 31, 2016. The first 14 qualified applicants will be accepted to participate. In order to be qualified, applicants and their parents/caregivers must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to participate independently (without family members or other caregivers). While ARC Broward staff will be able to provide some assistance to the contestants, each contestant must have capacity to:
- Follow instructions
- Remain in designated area
- Participate in pageant without parents/familiar caregivers and remain calm with unfamiliar people (parents/caregivers will not be permitted back stage during the pageant)
- Consistently participate in activities for up to fifteen minutes
- Wait in line
- Wait her turn
- Transition from one activity to next smoothly
- Applicant may participate in no more than two consecutive Miss ARC Broward Pageants. Contestants may participate again after two consecutive pageants with one year off in between.
- All participants and a parent/guardian are required to attend an information session and ice cream social on Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 1 pm. at the ARC Broward Campus located at 10250 NW 53rd Street, Sunrise, FL 33351.
- All participants AND their parent/guardian must participate in all pageant events and practices, including the Tea Party.
For questions regarding the application, please contact Jessica Rodriguez at email@example.com or 954-746-9400 ext. 2205. ARC Broward reserves the right at its sole discretion to select/not select applicants and to withdraw selection at any time based upon the above criteria or other significant factors that present themselves.